I’ve been using Hello Fresh for several months now and I love it!
I feel like we have been eating so much healthier and it also takes the stress out of meal planning, especially now that I’m pregnant!! Hooray 🙂
What is Hello Fresh?
Hello Fresh promises to deliver “nutritionally balanced recipes based on seasonal farm fresh ingredients” to your front door every week. They have three different box options – Classic, Veggie and Family. I’m subscribed to the Classic Box for 2 people, 3 meals per week.
This week’s meals
This week we got the Class Box with three meals for two people option and it included the following dinners:
- Leek and Feta Topped Chicken with Rosemary Potatoes and Green Beans
- Korean Beef Tacos with Speedy Pickled Onions and Garlic Aioli
- Beef Chilli Con Carne Pie with Cheddar and Coriander Sweet Potato Mash.
I really enjoyed all of the meals this week, my favourite was the Korean Beef dish. Although due to being pregnant I didn’t eat the Aioli but it was still tasty. Also in case you are wondering about eating Feta during pregnancy, if it’s pasteurised the latest studies say that it is fine to eat.
How much does it cost?
- Classic Box
- 2 people, 3 meals = $69.95 ($11.66 per person, per meal)
- 2 people, 5 meals = $109.95 ($11 per person, per meal)
- 4 people, 3 meals = $124.95 ($10.41 per person, per meal)
- 4 people, 5 meals = $189.95 ($9.50 per person, per meal)
- Veggie Box
- 2 people, 3 meals = $64.95 ($10.83 per person, per meal)
- 4 people, 3 meals = $109.95 ($9.16 per person, per meal)
- Family Box
- 2 adults and 2-3 kids = $139.95 ($8.75 per person, per meal)
If you want to get a discount of $30 off of your first Hello Fresh box, feel free to use my referral code PRINCESSP.
Is it worth it?
I really like Hello Fresh, it has simplified my life – I make less trips to the supermarket, don’t have to worry about what’s for dinner and I save money as I’m not meandering around the supermarket as often 😉
Lately we’ve had a few nights out for birthday parties and I’ve been away for work, so we’ve only been ordering the three meal option. Once we are back to a normal schedule, I might go back to 5 meals. It’s really easy to change your order each week, just make sure to do it before the cut-off on Wednesday the week prior to your order. My orders come on a Monday. I’m not sure if everyone has the same cut-off day though… So you’ll need to double check in your app or when you log on.